Cars on Vulcan L-section trucks

Richard Townsend

I have come into possession of a pair of Ulrich Vulcan L-section trucks. Now I need a car to place them under. Can anyone suggest cars known to have been equipped with such trucks, preferably house cars?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

._,_

Dave Parker

Some (maybe all?) of the Southern ventilateds in 120000-123249.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

Tony Thompson

Richard Townsend wrote:

I have come into possession of a pair of Ulrich Vulcan L-section trucks. Now I need a car to place them under. Can anyone suggest cars known to have been equipped with such trucks, preferably house cars?

    This is an early Vulcan truck. SP used them under several classes of stock cars, and some other cars. I can be more specific if you are interested in that prototype.

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

Also, evidently, on some flat cars.

On 6/23/2019 10:23 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:

Richard Townsend wrote:

I have come into possession of a pair of Ulrich Vulcan L-section trucks. Now I need a car to place them under. Can anyone suggest cars known to have been equipped with such trucks, preferably house cars?

    This is an early Vulcan truck. SP used them under several classes of stock cars, and some other cars. I can be more specific if you are interested in that prototype.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts

Bob Webber

Also 700 UP Reefers, 1920