Photos: Many Early 1900s Freight Cars


Bob Chaparro
 

Photos: Many Early 1900s Freight Cars

A little more than 100 photos of mostly (maybe all) Laconia Car Company freight cars, starting here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evgwchtr9495b37/AADFM2TnOtSxVZS9njXK60n2a?dl=0&preview=001.jpg

Unfortunately, there are no annotations to accompany the photos.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA


David
 


Eric Lombard
 

Bob, what is the source of these photos? 

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:23 AM Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photos: Many Early 1900s Freight Cars

A little more than 100 photos of mostly (maybe all) Laconia Car Company freight cars, starting here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evgwchtr9495b37/AADFM2TnOtSxVZS9njXK60n2a?dl=0&preview=001.jpg

Unfortunately, there are no annotations to accompany the photos.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA


Eric Lombard
 

Who/what should be cited as the source for the photos? Are they from your private collection? From a website? Institution?

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 12:02 PM Eric Lombard <elombard@...> wrote:
Bob, what is the source of these photos? 

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:23 AM Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photos: Many Early 1900s Freight Cars

A little more than 100 photos of mostly (maybe all) Laconia Car Company freight cars, starting here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evgwchtr9495b37/AADFM2TnOtSxVZS9njXK60n2a?dl=0&preview=001.jpg

Unfortunately, there are no annotations to accompany the photos.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA


Bob Chaparro
 

They appeared from an Internet search as a Dropbox file. As I stated, there are no annotations to accompany the photos.
Bob


Eric Lombard
 

Thanks, Bob. You made a happy discovery of a collection that someone assembled in a dropbox folder. Thanks for sharing it. There are some photos that shed light on the construction details and builder of some of the cars included and those sorts of small bits of the bigger picture are always gratefully received.

Eric

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 2:43 PM Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
They appeared from an Internet search as a Dropbox file. As I stated, there are no annotations to accompany the photos.
Bob


Dave Parker
 

The same link was posted over on the B&M group, where Scott Whitney subsequently claimed ownership of the Dropbox account (part of his NMRO operation).

Almost all of the same images have been released on a CD by a company called WLHG out of Methuen, MA (purchased mine through ebay).  Those images have a WLHG watermark (and are all in sepia tones).

As to any IP or copyright issues, or whom to credit for the photos, well....

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA


Eric Lombard
 

Thanks for sharing the further information on the images, Dave. It clarifies things a bit and that helps. 
Eric

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 4:35 PM Dave Parker via Groups.Io <spottab=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The same link was posted over on the B&M group, where Scott Whitney subsequently claimed ownership of the Dropbox account (part of his NMRO operation).

Almost all of the same images have been released on a CD by a company called WLHG out of Methuen, MA (purchased mine through ebay).  Those images have a WLHG watermark (and are all in sepia tones).

As to any IP or copyright issues, or whom to credit for the photos, well....

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA