Getting decals printed

Marty McGuirk

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

Tom in Texas

Circus City

Tom in Texas

Jim King

Marty ... I regularly use http://pdc.ca/rr/catalog for all of my decal work (just rec'd 23 sheets for my O scale SOU gon yesterday).  Bill can create artwork if you need.  Very fast delivery from a US address as well as Canadian.  He uses the same printing system as Tichy but has tweaked it to result in much thinner graphics that are opaque and easily nestled down with Microscale and Solvaset.
--
Jim King
www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

Gene Deimling

Marty
I have been pleased a company In Canada.  Here is a link to their website.

They use a laser printer and do white.

Here is a link to a post I did on their product.

Gene Deimling

--
Gene Deimling
El Dorado Hills, CA

Marty McGuirk

Hi Jack,
For one item -Central Vermont MofW decals - I’d look at doing multiple sheets since some other CV modelers might be interested.

I also want to get a few sets of CV pre-war steam locomotive decals - just for my own use and a single sheet would be more than enough.
Marty

On Jul 31, 2019, at 3:50 PM, Gene Deimling <proto48@...> wrote:

Marty
I have been pleased a company In Canada.  Here is a link to their website.

They use a laser printer and do white.

Here is a link to a post I did on their product.

Gene Deimling

--
Gene Deimling
El Dorado Hills, CA

Peter Ness

Hi Marty,

I also worked with Bill Brillinger at pda.  Artwork and decals are very pleasing, very fast work.  Pricing seemed a bit high, but I had not worked with a manufacturer to make decals for quite a few years, so probably actually competitive pricing…can’t get bread for 5 cents a loaf any more, either…I will work with Bill again for my next needs.

Peter Ness

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

Tim O'Connor

cdc.ca - Bill Brillinger - received my decals 3 days after I ordered them

cartograf - high quality printer recommended by Ted Culotta

On 7/31/2019 1:06 PM, Marty McGuirk wrote:

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

Sterling, Massachusetts

hubert mask

High Ball Graphics.

Hubert Mask
Mask Island Decals Inc.

On Jul 31, 2019, at 1:06 PM, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

I bought some of Circus City's decals for the MKT Texas Special locomotives and brass passenger cars. They were wildly inaccurate. Circus City on top, original Hallmark decals on bottom.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

On 7/31/19, 2:16 PM, "Tom in Texas via Groups.Io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of texpearson=AOL.com@groups.io> wrote:

Circus City

Tom in Texas

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

Kadee is offering a custom decal service: https://www.kadee.com/custom.htm . I have not tried their decals and so cannot comment on their quality.

They also offer blank decal paper: https://www.kadee.com/decals-c-274_325/ . This page also contains various printing options and their set-up charges.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

Tim O'Connor

Kadee printed decals for our train club. They're ok, but I'll say
that their white lettering is almost invisible on the paper and not
as opaque as you may want it to be.

Tim O'

On 8/1/2019 4:31 AM, Garth Groff wrote:
Friends,

Kadee is offering a custom decal service: https://www.kadee.com/custom.htm . I have not tried their decals and so cannot comment on their quality.

They also offer blank decal paper: https://www.kadee.com/decals-c-274_325/ . This page also contains various printing options and their set-up charges.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Sterling, Massachusetts

I buy my decal paper from Walthers it’s 8 ½ x 11 and fits my decal printer just like a paper sheet.

https://www.walthers.com/decal-paper-8-1-2-x-11-quot-21-6-x-27-9cm-clear-pkg-5

Tango Papa also sells decal paper: https://www.tangopapadecals.com/paper.htm

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 3:31 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Getting decals printed

Friends,

Kadee is offering a custom decal service: https://www.kadee.com/custom.htm . I have not tried their decals and so cannot comment on their quality.

They also offer blank decal paper: https://www.kadee.com/decals-c-274_325/ . This page also contains various printing options and their set-up charges.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Can anyone recommend a custom decal printer they have had a positive experience with? I've got some HO scale artwork I need to have printed.

TIA,

Marty

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, Va.

Benjamin Hom

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"Kadee printed decals for our train club. They're ok, but I'll say that their white lettering is almost invisible on the paper and not
as opaque as you may want it to be."

Lack of visibility on the paper can be dealt with by using a black magic marker on the back of the sheet.  Lack of opacity is a bigger problem (I remember using several old Walthers gold leaf decal sets, each over the top of the previous application, to letter a locomotive years ago), but it might be useful in doing faded lettering.

Ben Hom