Topics

I believe this is an Armour reefer - can anyone confirm or refute?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

There is a nice image of a reefer at the image below - caption reads "The Refrigerator Plant and Adjacent Long Island Railroad Siding at Camp Upton"

You can see a bigger version of the image by...

Clicking on the image

Then clicking on 'View larger'

At this point, you can go further and get a still bigger image by right-clicking on the image and clicking on 'View image' - this last part works in Firefox at least, other browsers and you are on your own.

I believe this is an Armour reefer - can anyone confirm or refute?

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

al_brown03

Left of the door looks to me like "Armour" over "Refrigerator" over "Line". I imagine the logo to the right of the door advertises some product.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Douglas Harding

Most likely an early Armour P/L scheme. See attached photo.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org