Topics

Magor Car Co drawings

lrkdbn

Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

Did you check the C&O HS Archives? . . . on line search or written research request?  It was an AMC Mech Depart Advisory Committee purchase.  I believe I used the lettering drawing in a PPT many years ago.

Al Kresse

On August 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <lrkdbn@...> wrote:

Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

Larry,

There are FC diagram sheets for PM A800 series with the dimensions (in C&OHS DS books)

There are Paint and Lettering drawings, drawn to scale, with lettering dimensions (not scanned).

There might be general arrangement drawings (not scanned)

Al

On August 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <lrkdbn@...> wrote:

Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

There are also 14 photos of these Magor Car Company cabooses in the C&OHS Archives collection.

Al Kresse

On August 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <lrkdbn@...> wrote:

Hi group
Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

William Hirt

In Edward Kaminski's book Magor Car Corporation, on page 196 there is a general arrangement drawing of the Pere Marquette cabooses.

There is a builders photo of the Erie caboose on page 85 of the same book.

Bill Hirt

On 8/16/2019 1:31 PM, lrkdbn via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>
_._,_._,_

_,_

ed_mines

Larry, this car was offered as a kit by Qualitycraft and later Gloor.

I can USPS a photocopy (take a while to get it). Reply my e-mail ed_mines@....

lrkdbn

Thank you for the offer. I already have that kit
Larry King