Topics

Magor Car Co drawings

lrkdbn

Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Thanks for any help you can give...
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

Did you check the C&O HS Archives? . . . on line search or written research request?  It was an AMC Mech Depart Advisory Committee purchase.  I believe I used the lettering drawing in a PPT many years ago.

Al Kresse

On August 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <lrkdbn@...> wrote:

Hi group

Does anyone know of a source for Magor Car Co. drawings? I am looking for the cabooses they built
for the Pere Marquette and Erie in 1930.These were wood cars with steel underframes, 3 unevenly spaced windows on the side, centered coupola.
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

Larry,

There are FC diagram sheets for PM A800 series with the dimensions (in C&OHS DS books)

There are Paint and Lettering drawings, drawn to scale, with lettering dimensions (not scanned).

There might be general arrangement drawings (not scanned)

Al

Hi group

Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

There are also 14 photos of these Magor Car Company cabooses in the C&OHS Archives collection.

Al Kresse

Hi group
n
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

William Hirt

In Edward Kaminski's book Magor Car Corporation, on page 196 there is a general arrangement drawing of the Pere Marquette cabooses.

There is a builders photo of the Erie caboose on page 85 of the same book.

Bill Hirt

On 8/16/2019 1:31 PM, lrkdbn via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi group

Larry King <lrkdbn@...>
_._,_._,_

_,_

ed_mines

Larry, this car was offered as a kit by Qualitycraft and later Gloor.

I can USPS a photocopy (take a while to get it). Reply my e-mail ed_mines@....

lrkdbn

Thank you for the offer. I already have that kit
Larry King