Murphy Rectangular Panel roof

Does anyone have or know of a source for a rectangular panel roof for a 50' boxcar? I have a Branchline Blueprint series car that I need this for. As a last resort I could probably modify a couple of 40' Atlas AAR roofs to work. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Strahlendorf
Erlanger, Ky

Tim O'Connor

Tom Madden years ago made replacement cast resin roofs (using spliced
IMWX/RC roofs for the master) for the Proto 2000 box cars that had incorrect
roofs. The roofs drop right onto the Branchline car body.

This would be a GOOD PART for Pierre to add to the Yarmouth product line. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 8/25/2019 2:35 PM, Dave Strahlendorf wrote:
Does anyone have or know of a source for a rectangular panel roof for a 50' boxcar? I have a Branchline Blueprint series car that I need this for. As a last resort I could probably modify a couple of 40' Atlas AAR roofs to work. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Strahlendorf
Erlanger, Ky

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tom Madden

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 12:55 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Tom Madden years ago made replacement cast resin roofs (using spliced
IMWX/RC roofs for the master) for the Proto 2000 box cars that had incorrect
roofs. The roofs drop right onto the Branchline car body.
Aaannnnnd..... he still does. Also 50' Viking replacement roofs. Just checked and I have ten RP roofs and seven Vikings on hand. Contact me OFF LIST (that's OFF LIST) at pullmanboss (at) yahoo (dot) com for details.

Tom Madden

Thanks Tim & Tom....message has been sent OFF LIST.

Dave Strahlendorf