Topics

Carolinas RPM Meet November 8th and 9th 2019

O Fenton Wells

We invite you to our Carolinas School RPM, Winston-Salem, NC, Friday, November 8 & Saturday, November 9, 2019.

This is the third year under this format, and we are really excited about our line-up of speakers and hands-on demonstrators.

Our two day program is more than lectures:  you will also have the opportunity to learn, hands-on, from some of the best modelers in the country so you will leave with new techniques that you have practiced!

For 1940’s to 1970’s modelers, Fenton Wells is presenting a great program on how to accurately model the Seaboard AF-2, 3 and 4 double door, 40’ box cars.

Fenton is also going to present an interesting history of Southern Railway’s Saluda Grade.  Bob Harpe, the king of “y’all line diesels”, will show you how to model the Western Maryland Chop Nose GP9.

For modelers of the modern era, our 2019 “Bash n’ Build” clinic, James Wall will provide step-by-step instructions on kit bashing the Accurail ACF covered hopper to be an accurate model of the Southern Railways ACF covered hoppers.

Additionally, we will have clinics presented by Randy McKenzie, Jack Dziadul, Dustin Whitten, Lao Labra, Tom Sinks, Ken Rickman, Paul Faulk and Dr. David Bott.

Butch Eyler will be helping you with hands-on weathering, and Lao Labra will be showing airbrush techniques after his program in a hands-on demonstration.

Also, Tony Sissons will be demonstrating his technique bending handrails and hand grabs fitted to “out of the box” models.

To help with research, Bob’s Photos will be back again this year.

If you are one of the first 20 to register, you will receive a complimentary Accurail ACF hopper that is the base kit for our Southern Railway Bash & Build Hopper!  [We thank Accurail for its generosity!!]

Send your $25 registration fee to:   Carolinas RPM,
     c/o Kevin W. von der Lippe
     P. O. Box 13642

We hope to see you in Winston-Salem on Nov. 8&9.