Topics

Various Steel Industry Loads

spsalso

The "container devices" mentioned in the previous post also seem to have remnants of guides for lowering covers on top of them.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

Donald B. Valentine

Definitely a photo beyond our period given the steel I beams in the PC gon #598980. But not that the stacks of I beams
have a vertical piece of scrap wood between each of them and along the sides, the purpose for which I can only wonder
about except possibly to maintain that space between them for unloading purposes. But what gives with the PC car? It
appears to have wood interior sheathing and fairly high sides. Then I note the rolled sheets in some sort of container
devices on the two flat cars behind the I beam load. Don't know the steel industry but have never seen anything like
these before. Are they something secifically designed for easy loading and unloading with a high capacity fork lift or
what is their purpose? Such photos always present more questions than answers for me.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Brian Carlson

Cool photo but it’s mid-late 60’s at the earliest with EL hoppers, gothic P&LE and boxcar with the removed roofwalk. The load restraints  would be different in earlier times.

Brian J. Carlson

On Sep 21, 2019, at 2:12 PM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Various Steel Industry Loads

An undated photo from the Ohio Memory website:

https://ohiomemory.org/digital/collection/p15005coll10/id/2993/rec/13

Also visible are loads of steel coils, beams and plates.

And my thanks to Claus Schlund for finding the Ohio Memory website.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jon Miller

On 9/21/2019 11:12 AM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:
Also visible are loads of steel coils, beams and plates.

    The ends of the flats are interesting.  Don't think I have ever seen that before.  Also for scenery the old track on the left of the photo is really a neat idea.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Bob Chaparro