Topics

early tank car photos

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Levi and List Members,

Thanks Levi for posting the images.

For others in the group, this link might take you to the right place...

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] early tank car photos

Thanks everyone!

I posted up some of the early tank cars in an album.

I'm also posting up my ACF Type 7 Hi Walk Collection.

I do also have a bunch of ACF Type X pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Levi.

Also, I have decals I had made up for some of those, including: The Texas Company, Peerless Tank Line 1804 (Single Dome Series), Morrell Tank Line, Rocky Mountain Oil & Fuel, and The Florence Pipe & Tool Company. All HO Scale.

San Antonio & San Francisco

Thanks everyone!

I posted up some of the early tank cars in an album.

I'm also posting up my ACF Type 7 Hi Walk Collection.

I do also have a bunch of ACF Type X pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Levi.

Also, I have decals I had made up for some of those, including: The Texas Company, Peerless Tank Line 1804 (Single Dome Series), Morrell Tank Line, Rocky Mountain Oil & Fuel, and The Florence Pipe & Tool Company. All HO Scale.

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Levi,

Welcome aboard!

I will be looking forward to seeing your photographs.  I’m particularly interested in early freight (and passenger) cars, especially those that could have shown up on Long Island and elsewhere in the northeast, but I anxiously await whatever you have to share.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Monday, October 7, 2019 7:50 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

Morning Y'all,

This is my first official post here on the board. Glad to be aboard.

I have a huge library of period photos from the 1880-1915 period. Tank cars are my favorite! I have close to 5 dozen photos of old time tank cars. Many are from the 1890-1910 period. When I have a moment, I'll post up a few.

Thanks,

Levi

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Levi,

Getting to see a few of those would be a definite treat!

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2019 7:50 AM

Morning Y'all,

I have a huge library of period photos from the 1880-1915 period. Tank cars are my favorite! I have close to 5 dozen photos of old time tank cars. Many are from the 1890-1910 period. When I have a moment, I'll post up a few.

Thanks,

Levi

San Antonio & San Francisco

Morning Y'all,

Thanks,

Levi

David

The Union Oil tanks look almost like UTL Type Xs, with the obvious exceptions of the headblocks and center yoke around the dome. The tank bolsters are also different, though a similar design.

David Thompson

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Tim,

Great tank cars. A car with same end sills survives at Steamtown. When I photographed it about 15 years ago it was unrestored, but Steamtown sources say it belonged to Barber Asphalt.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 10/2/2019 2:49 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Kevin Bunker shared this 1908 photo (with zoom in view) from the Baker Library - California Historical Society

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

Kevin Bunker shared this 1908 photo (with zoom in view) from the Baker Library - California Historical Society

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts