Topics

Erie coal gon

Richard Brennan

...but it was done in brass in TT-scale!!!  A 'Joma' import from Japan.

Drawings from the '31 CBCyc were reprinted in Train Shed Cyclopedia 46...
and an article by Jim Cassidy on  upgrading the Mantua HO car was in MRG May-June 1985.
Another article was written by Richard Reichenbach in the ELHS Diamond... the copy I have is undated.

Original: Circa-1923
[]

Modernized: Post 1937
[]

Richard
Richard Brennan - TT-west
www.tt-west.com

At 07:36 AM 10/9/2019, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Surprising it was never done in resin... over 500 cars in service, and 44.0 feet inside length!

On 10/8/2019 8:10 PM, Hugh Guillaume via Groups.Io wrote:

Erie coal gon made from Mantua on my model railroad.
Sent from my Verizon ASUS Tablet

Attachments:

Alice Devenny

Steve:

Sorry, I don't recall which RMC issue had the Erie coal gon article. My quick attempt at trying to find an index on-line was not successful.

IIRC, the article wasn't much help regarding the car height problem anyway. Car height is the major issue to overcome - the rest of the work was just some simple detailing.

Tom Devenny
East Norriton, PA

rwitt_2000

I also worked on this model, the original Lindberg version, to tried to lower the body relative to the underframe. I can't quickly find my model, but I recall I cut the floor free from the car body and was attempting to scratch build a new underframe to allow properly positions draft gear and body bolsters . My reference was the drawings in the Car Buildler's Cyc that were reproduced in the old Model Railroader Cyclopedia.

Never did finish the model.

Bob Witt

Steven D Johnson

Tom,