Topics

40' 1 1/2 door SS boxcars

Ray Breyer

Hi Don,

I know of one article that's about to go to press, and I'm about to start on another (using your part on double sheathed cars).

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 08:11:42 PM CDT, Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

Hi Roger,

    The #1000 1/2 Door Add-On Kit was specifically made to duplicate Richard Hendrickson's efforts
to resin cast such doors to convert the Accurail cars to GTW prototypes as noted. The original source
of decasl for them was Robert Smith. I believe he passed away several years ago and decals are no
offered by Allan Ferguson's "Black Cat" line. NERS is no longer working through Walthers but several
members of this list have been shipped orers for these parts of late. Has someone done a conversion
project write-up with them that I am not aware of?

Hope this helps, Don Valentine
                        New England Rail Service, Inc.

Donald B. Valentine

Hi Roger,

    The #1000 1/2 Door Add-On Kit was specifically made to duplicate Richard Hendrickson's efforts
to resin cast such doors to convert the Accurail cars to GTW prototypes as noted. The original source
of decasl for them was Robert Smith. I believe he passed away several years ago and decals are no
offered by Allan Ferguson's "Black Cat" line. NERS is no longer working through Walthers but several
members of this list have been shipped orers for these parts of late. Has someone done a conversion
project write-up with them that I am not aware of?

Hope this helps, Don Valentine
                        New England Rail Service, Inc.

Benjamin Hom

Doug Harding wrote:
"It appears only the first 20 pages of the magazine are available. While the text can be seen for the following pages, the images can not. Has Train Life put a restriction in place?"

The TrainLife site is buggy as hell.  Some fragments of magazines can be seen on the original site, but the content was migrated to their new website (due to issues to the old site) where it was accessible until recently.

Ben Hom

Douglas Harding

It appears only the first 20 pages of the magazine are available. While the text can be seen for the following pages, the images can not. Has Train Life put a restriction in place?

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org