Topics

Swift Reefers

Tony Thompson

No, CSRM only has ORERs from about 1897 onward (it began in 1885 IIRC), and are missing occasional issues to about 1970, then spotty. But for this list, a superb collection.
Tony Thompson

On Oct 17, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Dave Parker via Groups.Io <spottab@...> wrote:

Hi Steve:

I have what you have, but the Swift pages from the 1920s are on my to-do list for my next visit to the CSRM.  Or maybe somebody beats me to it.

I also need some select pages from 1920s-30s Rules of Interchange.  I have not yet inquired, but I am wondering if CSRM staff would be willing to scan or photocopy select pages from a document (with a clearly spelled out request)?  I did get a complete employee timetable from them, but haven't yet asked for a targeted copy job.

And, yes, they do have every ORER ever published (AFAIK).

With best regards,

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

O Fenton Wells

You might look at Westfields CD's of ORER's
Fenton

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:01 PM Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...> wrote:
As I plunge further into the maelstrom that is the Swift reefer fleet, I wonder if anyone has copies of the Swift pages from an ORER in the early 1920's, say 21-24, and from on in the late 1920's, preferably 1929 that they are willing to share.  I have copies for 25, 26 with quantities and 30 where the quantities go "dark."  The quantities don't reappear until around 1943.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Hile

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Dave Parker

Hi Steve:

I have what you have, but the Swift pages from the 1920s are on my to-do list for my next visit to the CSRM.  Or maybe somebody beats me to it.

I also need some select pages from 1920s-30s Rules of Interchange.  I have not yet inquired, but I am wondering if CSRM staff would be willing to scan or photocopy select pages from a document (with a clearly spelled out request)?  I did get a complete employee timetable from them, but haven't yet asked for a targeted copy job.

And, yes, they do have every ORER ever published (AFAIK).

With best regards,

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA