Topics

yellow TH&B boxcars

Bill Welch

Only reason I knew there were two is because on Facebook Rapido was alerting potential customers that reservations for the Yellow TH&B cars far outnumbered reservations for all others and alerting people that were only two of the yellow & black cars.

Bill Welch

Hugh Guillaume

Two of the USRA cars were painted yellow in 1954.  The numbers were 4576 and 4795.  Both were used in captive service on the TH&B, not in interchange service.  This info is found on the Westerfield data sheet entitled GTW/TH&B USRA Variations that is in the Westerfield kit box.  I have the kit but have not built it yet.

Also worth noting, the USRA cars were repainted in 1950 and given the pennant logo and eight-sided ampersand.  Originally the cars did not have the pennant logo and had the regular ampersand.