Topics

4/4 IDE's and 8-rung ladders for 10'6" IH

Andy Carlson

Hello-

Intermountain's new policy this year to refuse selling parts has just cemented my reasons for limiting my parts selling. I have a few remaining items which I am going to offer to folks of this list.

I have a few IMRC 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught Ends of the slightly narrower top rib and no poling pockets. Many of us would recognize this end as being for a 10'6" Inside height car. Debuting in 1944, this has a recess on the top rib for the power brake housing on the 'B' end.

I also have for 10'6" IH cars 8-rung ladders, also from Intermountain. These were tooled for their Canadian version of the 10'6" modified AAR box car. Each set has 4 of the 8-rung ladders, two with the corner sill steps integral with the ladders. Also included are 8 bracket grabs. The tooling used for the production of these ladders were still fresh and no flash is present.

The parts for the power brake details show no flash, which is good for Intermountain, as many times their Ajax brake wheels have flash partially and often fully filling in the holes in the hubs. This set of parts include 2 corner sill steps each of 45 degree bent style and square corner style. 4 route placards for doors, Ajax power housing with chain and rod, Ajax brake wheel, brake release rod and valve.

Prices are:

$4.50 for the 4/4 IDE per pair
$4.50 for the 8-rung ladders
$1.00 for the power brake detail set

Shipping is $4 flat rate for one or dozens.

I do not have a list of parts. Contact me off-list (Please) for info at <midcentury@...>

I accept checks and money orders. with a small fee PayPal is welcomed, and F-t-F PayPal is the same total as check.

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

O Fenton Wells

Andy I'll take 3 sets of the ladders and 2 sets of ends and one of the brakes. I'll send a check for 27.50.
Thanks
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

O Fenton Wells

Andy, not sure I told you but the parts did arrive on Saturday. Thanks