Car Classifications For Loads

Bob Chaparro

Car Classifications For Loads

This is a link to a copy of a C&O Empty Car Bill from the C&NW Modeling Blog:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ieeEFKtaZxY/UZmBmAocWdI/AAAAAAAAEhA/6H7fYj644-E/s640/C&O+Empty+Car+Bill.jpg

Near the top of this form is a listing of four classifications, A through D. I know these classifications refer to the suitability of a car for a load, with Class "A" being the highest in terms of clean items, food, etc.

What I have never seen is a listing of commodities grouped by these classes.

Does anyone have a list or source I could consult?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

++++

Source of Empty Car Bill: http://cnwmodeling.blogspot.com/2013/05/

Guy Wilber

“Does anyone have a list or source I could consult?

Thanks.
Bob Chaparro”_,_

From Coughlin’s ‘Freight Car Distribution and Car Handling in The United States’.  A book anyone with interest in the subject should have a copy of in their library.

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada

Bob Chaparro

Thanks for the book tip. Guy.
I just bought a print-on-demand copy from Abe Books.
Bob Chaparro

Randy Hammill

The book Freight Car Distribution and Car Handling in the United States is also available to read online: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015006075272

Randy
--

Randy Hammill
Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954

Lester Breuer

Randy, “Thank You” for providing the link to read on line.
Lester Breuer

Greg Martin

Guy,

I agree.

Greg Martin

“Does anyone have a list or source I could consult?

Thanks.
Bob Chaparro”_,_

From Coughlin’s ‘Freight Car Distribution and Car Handling in The United States’.  A book anyone with interest in the subject should have a copy of in their library.

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg Martin

Tony Thompson

Guy Wilber wrote:

From Coughlin’s ‘Freight Car Distribution and Car Handling in The United States’.  A book anyone with interest in the subject should have a copy of in their library.

     Perfectly stated, Guy. I have had a copy for years and still use it.

Tony Thompson