From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:33 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Made a start

I have made a start on kit bashing an Accurail boxcar into a WP car as per Tony Thompson’s SP blog apparently some of these cars got a metal roof I must say it will not be in the Bill Welch league of kit bashes.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Eric

Apparently the original has a wood and covered with asphalt roofing sheets.

Paul

On 5 Dec 2019, at 17:55, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Paul,

Does the prototype have a flat panel roof? I just picked up a couple Red Caboose X29 roofs from Andy Carlson for a similar Accurail conversion to model an ACL O-16 single-sheathed boxcar. The height will be slightly off but it will have to do for my 1926 focus.

Most of the O-16 class cars were rebuilt with steel sides in the late 1930s.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

I have made a start on kit bashing an Accurail boxcar into a WP car as per Tony Thompson’s SP blog apparently some of these cars got a metal roof I must say it will not be in the Bill Welch league of kit bashes.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Richard Townsend

Is there a photo showing what such roofs looked like?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Apparently the original has a wood and covered with asphalt roofing sheets.

Paul
> On 5 Dec 2019, at 17:55, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> Does the prototype have a flat panel roof? I just picked up a couple Red Caboose X29 roofs from Andy Carlson for a similar Accurail conversion to model an ACL O-16 single-sheathed boxcar. The height will be slightly off but it will have to do for my 1926 focus.
>
> Most of the O-16 class cars were rebuilt with steel sides in the late 1930s.
>

> Eric Hansmann
> Murfreesboro, TN

Paul Doggett

Richard

The only photo I have is the one I posted here.

Paul

On 5 Dec 2019, at 18:06, Richard Townsend via Groups.Io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

Is there a photo showing what such roofs looked like?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Apparently the original has a wood and covered with asphalt roofing sheets.

Paul
> On 5 Dec 2019, at 17:55, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> Does the prototype have a flat panel roof? I just picked up a couple Red Caboose X29 roofs from Andy Carlson for a similar Accurail conversion to model an ACL O-16 single-sheathed boxcar. The height will be slightly off but it will have to do for my 1926 focus.
>
> Most of the O-16 class cars were rebuilt with steel sides in the late 1930s.
>

> Eric Hansmann
> Murfreesboro, TN

Richard Townsend

That's something, but I was hoping for a more "down on" view.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Apparently the original has a wood and covered with asphalt roofing sheets.

Paul
> On 5 Dec 2019, at 17:55, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> Does the prototype have a flat panel roof? I just picked up a couple Red Caboose X29 roofs from Andy Carlson for a similar Accurail conversion to model an ACL O-16 single-sheathed boxcar. The height will be slightly off but it will have to do for my 1926 focus.
>
> Most of the O-16 class cars were rebuilt with steel sides in the late 1930s.
>

> Eric Hansmann
> Murfreesboro, TN

Paul Doggett

Richard

I would also like a good photo of the roof

Paul

On 5 Dec 2019, at 21:59, Richard Townsend via Groups.Io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

That's something, but I was hoping for a more "down on" view.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Apparently the original has a wood and covered with asphalt roofing sheets.

Paul
> On 5 Dec 2019, at 17:55, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> Does the prototype have a flat panel roof? I just picked up a couple Red Caboose X29 roofs from Andy Carlson for a similar Accurail conversion to model an ACL O-16 single-sheathed boxcar. The height will be slightly off but it will have to do for my 1926 focus.
>
> Most of the O-16 class cars were rebuilt with steel sides in the late 1930s.
>

> Eric Hansmann
> Murfreesboro, TN

Donald B. Valentine

   Love those W.P. roofwalk brackets, Paul. They look like an item for Peirre to have etched
and added to his line of such things.

Good luck with your conversion, Don Valentine

Paul Doggett

Don

Cheers

Paul Doggett