Topics

Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

Bill Welch

In an effort to make sure any 1/87 size persons “living rough’ can “ride the rods” more safely I assembled the truss rod underframes of my GN and CB&Q models so that I could get a board to fit into the turnbuckles. Of course the boards also help keep the turnbuckles and therefore the underframes nice and tight.

Bill Welch

Eric Hansmann

The truss rods and turnbuckles look great, Bill. Seems a shame to hide this work in the murkiness under the car.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

In an effort to make sure any 1/87 size persons “living rough’ can “ride the rods” more safely I assembled the truss rod underframes of my GN and CB&Q models so that I could get a board to fit into the turnbuckles. Of course the boards also help keep the turnbuckles and therefore the underframes nice and tight.

Bill Welch

Richard Townsend

Maybe whitewash them as if a car set up for a builders photo was not repainted. Then it would be quite visible. 😀

On Dec 19, 2019, at 1:09 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

The truss rods and turnbuckles look great, Bill. Seems a shame to hide this work in the murkiness under the car.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

Bill Welch

Jim Betz

Eric,

Bill can always 'model' a wrecked car laying along side of the
right of way ... that way the under body details will be easier to
see.  *W*
                                                            - Jim in Burlington

Bill Welch

Hard to believe I am sure but I am not planning to model either a builder's photo or a train wreck.

Bill Welch