From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:38 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Finishing the GN & CB&Q Truss Rod U/F's

In an effort to make sure any 1/87 size persons “living rough’ can “ride the rods” more safely I assembled the truss rod underframes of my GN and CB&Q models so that I could get a board to fit into the turnbuckles. Of course the boards also help keep the turnbuckles and therefore the underframes nice and tight.

Bill Welch

Richard Townsend

Maybe whitewash them as if a car set up for a builders photo was not repainted. Then it would be quite visible. 😀

On Dec 19, 2019, at 1:09 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

The truss rods and turnbuckles look great, Bill. Seems a shame to hide this work in the murkiness under the car.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN