Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:19 AM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Lumber On Sleds For Loading

Lumber On Sleds For Loading

Photo Title: Loading Railroad Cars At Cloquet Lumber Company

http://collections.mnhs.org/cms/display?irn=10699359&return=brand%3Dcms%26q%3DLoading%2520railroad%2520cars

Click on "Display Larger Version" to see detail.

I was a bit surprised to see that the lumber arrived on sleds. Old timers have told me loading and unloading lumber from boxcars was a hard, dreary work. I imagine doping this in the dead of winter was even worse.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bob Chaparro