Topics

ACL low sided gondolas

Paul Doggett

Hi

I have just started a Funaro and Camerlengo ACL low sided gondola as usual there is no photographs of the prototype and the drawing is poor has anyone got any photos of these cars in service the only number given is 92250 .

Thank you in advance
Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Paul,

I assume that you mean ACL classes K-6 and K-7? If so, see Richard Hendrickson's comprehensive article in the October 2007  (v.1, no.2) issue of SEABOARD-COAST LINE MODELER.

I can't find a link to this publication anymore. Maybe somebody else can help with a link, or knows where the issues are archived.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 9:25 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

I have just started a Funaro and Camerlengo ACL low sided gondola as usual there is no photographs of the prototype and the drawing is poor has anyone got any photos of these cars in service the only number given is 92250 .

Thank you in advance
Paul Doggett    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Garth 

Thank you it’s the K7 hopefully someone can help with that.

Paul Doggett 

On 30 Jan 2020, at 16:07, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Paul,

I assume that you mean ACL classes K-6 and K-7? If so, see Richard Hendrickson's comprehensive article in the October 2007  (v.1, no.2) issue of SEABOARD-COAST LINE MODELER.

I can't find a link to this publication anymore. Maybe somebody else can help with a link, or knows where the issues are archived.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 9:25 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

Thank you in advance

Steve SANDIFER

It is the Seaboard Coast Modeler, vol. 2. The article covers K-6 and K-7 by Richard Hendrickson. I have it stored on my computer if anyone needs it.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ACL low sided gondolas

Garth 

Paul Doggett 

On 30 Jan 2020, at 16:07, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Paul,

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

Hi

Thank you in advance

Paul Doggett

Thank you Stephen 

Regards Paul Doggett.

On 30 Jan 2020, at 17:04, James SANDIFER <steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

It is the Seaboard Coast Modeler, vol. 2. The article covers K-6 and K-7 by Richard Hendrickson. I have it stored on my computer if anyone needs it.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ACL low sided gondolas

Garth 

Paul Doggett 

Paul,

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

Hi

Thank you in advance

mel perry

not sure what you are lookimg for but
if you google "acll gondola", you'll be
surprised
:-)
mel perty

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020, 6:25 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

Thank you in advance

Paul Doggett

Mel

I have googled it and get some information but I now have the Richard Hendrickson article which a great help.

Paul Doggett 

On 30 Jan 2020, at 17:29, mel perry <clipper841@...> wrote:

not sure what you are lookimg for but
if you google "acll gondola", you'll be
surprised
:-)
mel perty

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020, 6:25 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

Thank you in advance

Allen Cain

Paul,

Attached are a couple of additional articles covering these models written by Jim Sixx, George Eichelberger and Larry Goolsby plus a photo that I pulled off the internet from a source that I did not record.  I think that you have the Seaboard Coastline Modeler article but if not, let me know and I can send it also.

Allen Cain

thomas christensen

Paul, 
 Class K-7 90950-93199, blt 1926 by ACF.
 Attached are the Lines South article from Spring 1990, 2 Larry Goolsby photos, and photos  of models I did about 25 years ago based on the Ertl model.
Tom Christensen 

Hi

Thank you in advance
Paul Doggett    

Paul Doggett

Hi Thomas 

Thank you for the information.

Paul 

On 5 Feb 2020, at 15:24, thomas christensen via Groups.Io <thomasjonly@...> wrote:

Paul, 
 Attached are the Lines South article from Spring 1990, 2 Larry Goolsby photos, and photos  of models I did about 25 years ago based on the Ertl model.
Tom Christensen 

Hi

Thank you in advance
Paul Doggett    

Attachments:

Paul Doggett

Thomas 

I have just finished the K7 the decals were absolutely awful, thank you for your help.

Paul 

On 5 Feb 2020, at 15:24, thomas christensen via Groups.Io <thomasjonly@...> wrote:

Paul, 
Tom Christensen 

Hi

Thank you in advance
Paul Doggett    

Attachments:

thomas christensen

Paul,
 Very nicely done. I did 2 of F&C ACL war emergency gondolas way back when and the decals were thrown out. Microscale does a nice set and Westerfield has several in both the Roman  and Gothic that I've used to piece together what is needed.
Tom Christensen 

Thomas 

I have just finished the K7 the decals were absolutely awful, thank you for your help.

Paul 

_._,_._,_

Paul Doggett

Thomas 

Thank I used microsol liquid decal film and with that I managed to salvage enough decals for what I needed together with some Champ and Speedwitch decals.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

On 11 Feb 2020, at 17:05, thomas christensen via Groups.Io <thomasjonly@...> wrote:

Paul,
 Very nicely done. I did 2 of F&C ACL war emergency gondolas way back when and the decals were thrown out. Microscale does a nice set and Westerfield has several in both the Roman  and Gothic that I've used to piece together what is needed.
Tom Christensen 

Thomas 

Paul 
<image0.jpeg>

<image0.jpeg>