Tank Car CLCX 206 1926 +/-

Hudson Leighton

Tank Car CLCX 206 circa 1926, possibly Grand Forks, ND

-Hudson

Paul Woods <paul@...>

Forget the tank cars....check out that amazing brick building!  Any idea what was produced there?  The nearest tank has 'LIVE STOCK FEED' painted on the side so I'm guessing some kind of meat packing plant?

Regards
Paul Woods
NYCSHS #7172
Whangarei, NZ

Hudson Leighton

If my guess of Grand Forks, ND is correct, it's a sugar beet plant.

-Hudson

Paul Woods <paul@...>

Strike that....tank cars could be for molasses for cattle feed, which means this factory could be a sugar refinery.  I have since found photos of a large sugar factory at Drayton N.D. that looked a bit like this.  Was there anything similar at Grand Forks?

Robert Heninger

Hudson,

The sugar beet refinery was in East Grand Forks, Minnesota. The NP didn’t have much of a presence in Grand Forks, ND.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND.