Topics

RPM updates

Eric Hansmann

An RPM update has been posted to the Resin Car Works blog. The main message concerns RPM Chicagoland.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/rpm-updates-2/

Eric Hansmann

RCW web guy

Tim O'Connor

FYI - see Eric Hansmann's link below

It looks like the "Naperville - Lisle - Chicagoland" RPM meet may not happen this year
in October as it has for the past 26 years or so.

The St Louis RPM appears to still be "on". I guess if it has to be cancelled to stop the
spread of the virus, we'll hear about it. This is the official link

http://www.icgdecals.com/stlrpm/

Personally, I love the St Louis meet. A huge diversity of models and skills on display
and just a ton of people to share with. I had a blast there last summer.

Tim O'Connor

========================

On 3/11/2020 9:37 AM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

An RPM update has been posted to the Resin Car Works blog. The main message concerns RPM Chicagoland.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/rpm-updates-2/

Eric Hansmann

RCW web guy

Sterling, Massachusetts

Eric Hansmann

The St Louis meet is a great RPM gathering, but there are a several on the calendar before the St Louis event. The Railroad Modelers Retreat in Minnesota has been growing. The Toronto RPM, RPM Valley Forge, Savannah RPM, Western Prototype Modelers Meet, Central Ohio RPM, Bridgetown (OR) RPM, New England/Northeast RPM, and the Maritime Prototype Modellers meet are all scheduled in the months before St Louis. Many of these may be closer to home for list members.

Check the calendar and the dates and make plans to attend.

http://designbuildop.hansmanns.org/rpm-event-calendar/

I attended my first RPM event in 2001 and it changed my perspective on modeling. I’ve been a regular attendee ever since.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

It looks like the "Naperville - Lisle - Chicagoland" RPM meet may not happen this year
in October as it has for the past 26 years or so.

The St Louis RPM appears to still be "on". I guess if it has to be cancelled to stop the
spread of the virus, we'll hear about it. This is the official link

http://www.icgdecals.com/stlrpm/

Personally, I love the St Louis meet. A huge diversity of models and skills on display
and just a ton of people to share with. I had a blast there last summer.

Tim O'Connor

========================

On 3/11/2020 9:37 AM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

An RPM update has been posted to the Resin Car Works blog. The main message concerns RPM Chicagoland.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/rpm-updates-2/

Eric Hansmann

RCW web guy

Sterling, Massachusetts

G.J. Irwin

A "recommend" from me for the Toronto RPM.  It's relatively small but has been growing.  Several historical societies are attending this year.

This is the geographically closest one to me (international border notwithstanding).  I have been watching to ensure it's still on given the current COVID-19 situation but so far that appears to be the case.

https://torontoprototypemodellers.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
George Irwin

John Sykes III

The Valley Forge RPM has been cancelled due to Corona virus.

-- John

G.J. Irwin

In case anyone missed the Special Notice posted here, the Toronto RPM has in fact been postponed.

George Irwin

Eric Hansmann

A saw a post on Facebook earlier that the Savannah RPM has cancelled.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Mar 15, 2020, at 5:49 PM, G.J. Irwin <groups@...> wrote:

In case anyone missed the Special Notice posted here, the Toronto RPM has in fact been postponed.

George Irwin

Tim O'Connor

What about nerpm?

A saw a post on Facebook earlier that the Savannah RPM has cancelled.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Mar 15, 2020, at 5:49 PM, G.J. Irwin <groups@...> wrote:

In case anyone missed the Special Notice posted here, the Toronto RPM has in fact been postponed.

George Irwin

Sterling, Massachusetts

Dave Owens

NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

What about nerpm?

On Mar 15, 2020, at 5:49 PM, G.J. Irwin <groups@irwinsjournal.com> wrote:

In case anyone missed the Special Notice posted here, the Toronto RPM has in fact been postponed.

George Irwin

Sterling, Massachusetts

Eric Hansmann

NERPM is still a go.

I just saw a Facebook post announcing the Western Prototype Modelers meet has been postponed.

I've been updated the RPM event calendar as these details are announced.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On March 15, 2020 at 5:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

What about nerpm?

A saw a post on Facebook earlier that the Savannah RPM has cancelled.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Mar 15, 2020, at 5:49 PM, G.J. Irwin < groups@...> wrote:

In case anyone missed the Special Notice posted here, the Toronto RPM has in fact been postponed.

George Irwin

Sterling, Massachusetts

mel perry

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:24 PM Mel Perry <clipper841@...> wrote:
not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

Walter Cox

What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

mel perry

walter:
the discussion was about upcoming
shows, and the present circumstances
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:11 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

Walter Cox

Sorry Mel,
I didn't see any reference in that post to any upcoming show. Shouldn't present circumstances  and a backhanded slap at the President be off limits?
Walter

In a message dated 3/16/2020 6:18:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

walter:
the discussion was about upcoming
shows, and the present circumstances
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:11 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

mel perry

walter:
you are obviously missing part of this
thread, don't know what to tell you, and
as far as that tree dweller in washington
in concerned, once he starts "acting" like
such, than he will be given the respect
:-)
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:11 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox@...> wrote:
What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

Gary Roe

Keep your political comments to yourself Mel.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 6:33:02 PM CDT, mel perry <clipper841@...> wrote:

walter:
you are obviously missing part of this
thread, don't know what to tell you, and
as far as that tree dweller in washington
in concerned, once he starts "acting" like
such, than he will be given the respect
:-)
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 4:10 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sorry Mel,
I didn't see any reference in that post to any upcoming show. Shouldn't present circumstances  and a backhanded slap at the President be off limits?
Walter
In a message dated 3/16/2020 6:18:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

walter:
the discussion was about upcoming
shows, and the present circumstances
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:11 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox@...> wrote:
What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

mel perry

gary:
this is a free country, snd i suggest this
conversation be tsken offline, we each
have each others address, end of thread
:-)
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 4:45 PM Gary Roe <wabashrr@...> wrote:
Keep your political comments to yourself Mel.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 6:33:02 PM CDT, mel perry <clipper841@...> wrote:

walter:
you are obviously missing part of this
thread, don't know what to tell you, and
as far as that tree dweller in washington
in concerned, once he starts "acting" like
such, than he will be given the respect
:-)
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 4:10 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sorry Mel,
I didn't see any reference in that post to any upcoming show. Shouldn't present circumstances  and a backhanded slap at the President be off limits?
Walter
In a message dated 3/16/2020 6:18:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

walter:
the discussion was about upcoming
shows, and the present circumstances
mel perry

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:11 PM Walter Cox via Groups.Io <WaltGCox@...> wrote:
What does this last post have to do with Steam Era  Freight Cars prior to 1960?

In a message dated 3/15/2020 8:24:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, clipper841@... writes:

not to rain on anyoes parade, but consider what the chinese had to do,
one they figured out what they were
dealing with, quarentined a city.of
millions, quarentined half a province,
daily mandatory randon screening,
and  by some trump miracle, all if this
is not going to transpire, according to
the exalted one, this is going to get lot
worse, before long, we don't even have
enough test kits for the actual sick,
this is not going to disappear overnight
or in weeks, don't be surprised when
it does get worse, and definitely don't
make any plans for this year, mandatory
quatentine is just around the corner
mel perry

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 5:11 PM Dave Owens <daowens@...> wrote:
NERPM is still on for now.
We are carefully following developments and will of course follow the
advice of health and government officials.
Our meet is at the end of May and the situation may change.
You can get the latest updates on our facebook page and our website:
www.nerpm.org
www.facebook.com/NERPM

Dave Owens
NERPM organizer
West Hartford, Conn.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

> What about nerpm?

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

That’s right. Toss a Molotov cocktail and then feign offense.

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)