C&O 8000-9499 boxcar end diagram

Benjamin Scanlon

Hi

I am looking at the indented - or is it inverse - end on these cars, and wondering if there is any kind of a diagram or drawing showing the pattern of pressings, without tackbboards, brake and ladder details?

It might help me in making a master for TT scale.
--
Ben Scanlon
Tottenham, England

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 12:41 AM, Benjamin Scanlon wrote:
I am looking at the indented - or is it inverse - end on these cars, and wondering if there is any kind of a diagram or drawing showing the pattern of pressings, without tackbboards, brake and ladder details?
Ben,

Are these the cars with the Murphy corrugated ends?

Dennis Storzek

David

These are the AMC version of the 1920s ARA steel-sheathed box, with the "innie" version of the early Dreadnaught end.

This drawing shows the taller Dreadnaught end on N&W class BT, but the general profile is the same:
https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=14919

David Thompson

Benjamin Scanlon

Thanks David

May be better than the rather rough diagram I'm working with.
--
Ben Scanlon
Tottenham, England

Benjamin Scanlon

Edited

Hullo Dennis

unsure, but here's an image for reference, C&O History magazine, March 2005.
--
Ben Scanlon
Tottenham, England

Dennis Storzek

Thanks Ben. Since its not the car I was thinking of, I have nothing that will help you. However, I encourage you to order the N&W drawing David has identified. This is one level deeper than the typical General Arrangement drawing, and includes enough sectional views that a 3D model can be constructed entirely from the information on that drawing, provided you can read the dimensions. The N&WHS  are a wonderful resource; fast and reasonably inexpensive for the value received.

Dennis Storzek