Topics

Drawings for Mather Patent boxcars

Bud Rindfleisch

Hello,
    Anyone know of existing drawings for the Mather 40' single sheathed boxcars? Mainline Modeler perhaps?
       Thanks in advance,
        Bud Rindfleisch

lrkdbn

There was an article in RMC showing the "tall" 10' IH car-sorry I don't have the date but I think it was in the late 80's or early 90's.MRG for 12-1987 had an article with a lot of pictures but no plans,and MRG for 11-1987 had plans for the Mather stock car. Remember the stock cars had the same construction as the box cars-the steel frame Mather cars were highly standardised. The 1916 CBD had plans for the stock car also.MLM for 11-1986
had pictures of box car but no plans, and MLM had the stock car with plans in 9-1987.

Hope this helps
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

Bob Webber

In the fwiw column, the Pullman library has haskell and barker drawings for Mather stock, auto, refrigerator, vegetable, and beef cars.   I didn't see one for straight box, but it may well be there.

Sent from BlueMail

On Mar 15, 2020, at 9:05 PM, "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <aol.com@groups.io target=_blank>lrkdbn=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
There was an article in RMC showing the "tall" 10' IH car-sorry I don't have the date but I think it was in the late 80's or early 90's.MRG for 12-1987 had an article with a lot of pictures but no plans,and MRG for 11-1987 had plans for the Mather stock car. Remember the stock cars had the same construction as the box cars-the steel frame Mather cars were highly standardised. The 1916 CBD had plans for the stock car also.MLM for 11-1986
had pictures of box car but no plans, and MLM had the stock car with plans in 9-1987.

Hope this helps
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Larry, Bud, and List Members,

How about having a look at “The Mather Boxcar Draft Horse of American Boxcars” in RMC Feb 1991 pg 85 by Martin Lofton. Has photos and drawings.

Claus Schlund

There was an article in RMC showing the "tall" 10' IH car-sorry I don't have the date but I think it was in the late 80's or early 90's.MRG for 12-1987 had an article with a lot of pictures but no plans,and MRG for 11-1987 had plans for the Mather stock car. Remember the stock cars had the same construction as the box cars-the steel frame Mather cars were highly standardised. The 1916 CBD had plans for the stock car also.MLM for 11-1986
had pictures of box car but no plans, and MLM had the stock car with plans in 9-1987.

Hope this helps
Larry King <lrkdbn@...>

mel perry

bud:
only drawng listed was in 2/91 rmc, mm
had a couple of articles in 11/86 & 5/02,
and rmc also had an article in 11/03,
rmj in 8/03, and mrr 11/87 & 12/87

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 6:16 PM Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:
Hello,
    Anyone know of existing drawings for the Mather 40' single sheathed boxcars? Mainline Modeler perhaps?
       Thanks in advance,
        Bud Rindfleisch

mel perry

bud:
OOPS
mrr should read 11/97
:-(
mel

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 7:41 PM mel perry via Groups.Io <clipper841=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
bud:
only drawng listed was in 2/91 rmc, mm
had a couple of articles in 11/86 & 5/02,
and rmc also had an article in 11/03,
rmj in 8/03, and mrr 11/87 & 12/87

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 6:16 PM Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:
Hello,
    Anyone know of existing drawings for the Mather 40' single sheathed boxcars? Mainline Modeler perhaps?
       Thanks in advance,
        Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Claus,
    Many thanks for the info and the off list scans.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Mel Perry, thanks for your response, Claus Schlund already sent me some scans.
    Bud Rindfleisch

Benjamin Scanlon

--
Ben Scanlon