From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Remiarz
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 6:53 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io; ResinFreightCarBuilders@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] C&O 40' 1930 Automobile Boxcar

I just started building a Funaro & Camerlengo C&O 1930 automobile boxcar kit.  In looking through my reference materials, I have found almost no information on these cars.  I thought I remembered an article in a publication sometime in the last few years (which means it was probably 5-10 years ago) about these cars and building this kit, but haven't been able to find anything.   Any help getting more information on these cars and this kit would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich Remiarz

Vadnais Heights, MN

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Richard,

Please allow me to add to the other suggestions that this car (series 9500-9999) is covered on Plate 37 of FREIGHT CAR EQUIPMENT OF THE CHESAPEAKE & OHIO RAILWAY, AUGUST 1, 1937. The reprint with additions to the original work was edited Carl W. Shaver, and I believe is still available from Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society.

Plate 37 includes builder's photos taken from the side, as well as both ends, plus the general arrangement drawing. The end photos are slightly larger than an O-scale model, and show some really useful details.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:
I just started building a Funaro & Camerlengo C&O 1930 automobile boxcar kit.  In looking through my reference materials, I have found almost no information on these cars.  I thought I remembered an article in a publication sometime in the last few years (which means it was probably 5-10 years ago) about these cars and building this kit, but haven't been able to find anything.   Any help getting more information on these cars and this kit would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN

Chuck Cover

Rich and all,

Attached are a couple of photos of the F&C built car sitting in Northumberland yard.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Eric Hansmann

I also built one of these C&O cars several years ago.

https://i0.wp.com/designbuildop.hansmanns.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/20150805_candoxm.jpg

I finished it up in 2015, snapped a few photos, then shipped it off to a friend’s layout.

Wasn’t there a height issue with these models?

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Attached are a couple of photos of the F&C built car sitting in Northumberland yard.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

william darnaby

I seem to remember that there was a height issue as in too short.  I built one of these years ago and it just looked too short to me.  I must have compared it to published drawings and concluded that was so because I ended up selling the completed car on Ebay.

Bill Darnaby