Topics

D&RGW 65500 SS 1.5 door car

Bill Welch

This is a photocopy and I am not sure who gave it to me one year at Lisle. Great kit-bash candidate using the little styrene half door kit from Dan Valentine and Accurail carbody. It will need a radial roof. IIRC these were gone by my October 1955 modeling date.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

As I think about this kit-bash, I think the Radial roof from an Atlas C&O 1932 car kit might be appropriate.

Bill Welch

David

I think the Radial roof from an Atlas C&O 1932 car kit might be appropriate.
That one is a Cambre radial- different panel count. The roof on the D&RGW box appears to be a Murphy radial; I'd recommend cutting off and shortening the roof of the MDC 50' s/s auto box.

David Thompson

Scott

Denver Public Library shows a new roof drawing from September 1933 so they might have got a new roof after that date.  Unfortunately they don't show a General Arrangement drawing of it.  Maybe the Colorado Railroad Museum has it in their collection.  There is a Hand Brakes drawing from 1941 so maybe that's when they got AB brakes but hard to say without seeing the drawing.

Scott McDonald