Intermountain Deco end XM'x and others For Sale

Tim O'Connor

I'd forgotten about the Branchline cars! Yes, they did the scheme, and yes, those also
were incorrect because of the ends.

Tim O'Connor

On 3/28/2020 11:39 AM, Drew M. via Groups.Io wrote:
Des Plaines did the A&EC scheme with tobacco leaf scheme on a Viking roof car and Branchline also offered same on a Yardmaster series kit.

Drew Marshall in soggy Philly, PA

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp
On Mar 27, 2020, at 19:39, "David via Groups.Io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>jaydeet2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to
A&EC in 1954. This may be the first time Intermountain has run the A&EC
scheme, but I know it's been done before in HO (probably by Red Caboose,
or maybe Des Plaines?).

David Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts

Drew M.

Des Plaines did the A&EC scheme with tobacco leaf scheme on a Viking roof car and Branchline also offered same on a Yardmaster series kit.

Drew Marshall in soggy Philly, PA

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Mar 27, 2020, at 19:39, "David via Groups.Io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>jaydeet2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to
A&EC in 1954. This may be the first time Intermountain has run the A&EC
scheme, but I know it's been done before in HO (probably by Red Caboose,
or maybe Des Plaines?).

David Thompson

James E Kubanick

It was done by DesPlaines.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Saturday, March 28, 2020, 1:56:20 AM EDT, Ed Hawkins <hawk0621@...> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2020, at 6:38 PM, David via Groups.Io <jaydeet2001@...> wrote:

You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to A&EC in 1954. This may be the first time Intermountain has run the A&EC scheme, but I know it's been done before in HO (probably by Red Caboose, or maybe Des Plaines?).

David,
Des Plaines Hobbies offered the special run of A&EC models that were made by Innovative Model Works (IMWX). The kit I purchased is catalogue no. DPH193, A&EC 1045, having square-corner 4-5 Dreadnaught ends and HE. 3-54 reweigh stencils. It was formerly a Southern car built in 1938.

The model came with a wood running board, whereas the A&EC cars received replacement Morton running boards.

The IMWX tooling was later sold to Red Caboose ca. 1996, however, I have found no evidence from Red Caboose product lists that the company ever offered the A&EC model.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Ed Hawkins

[...]

Tony Thompson

David Thompson wrote:

You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to A&EC in 1954.
Might as well be a decade.

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com

David

You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to A&EC in 1954. This may be the first time Intermountain has run the A&EC scheme, but I know it's been done before in HO (probably by Red Caboose, or maybe Des Plaines?).

David Thompson

Tony Thompson

Ted Schnepf wrote:

Other cars include . . . Atlantic & East Carolina with an attractive herald.

     It is indeed an attractive herald. However. Can't speak for other eras, but in my modeling year of 1953, the ORER entry for A&EC says that "freight cars owned are not employed in interstate commerce."

Tony Thompson

Ted Schnepf

Hello Everyone,

the new Deco end cars from Intermountain have sold very well this past week, and I have another shipment on hand, so if you missed the first round, you get a second chance..

Included are 3 boxcars with the distinctive Deco ends. They are a B&O ( with the capital herald),  C&O original paint and C&O "For Progress" lettering.  Each come in 6 numbers

Other cars include the C&EI yellow with blue lettering and single digit numbers and different slogans for passenger trains (five numbers).  A couple unique shortlines. Copper Range from Michigan's upper peninsula and Atlantic & East Carolina with an attractive herald. Two Canadian cars with NSC-2 ends for Ontario Northland and CN.  And then to round out the shipment new cars for Lackwana and NYC in Jade green,

All cars are new for IM.

All are at discounted pricing.  Inquire off list.

And don't for get the shippers guides at my website. the newest being Louisville and Nashville RR and Chicago North Western and many others from all parts of the country.
http://railsunlimited.ribbonrail.com/Books/shippers.html

Rails Unlimited

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet
,Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

Rod Miller

On 3/20/20 11:35 AM, Ted Schnepf wrote:
Hello,
Got in the new arrivals from Intermountain this past week.
Included are 3 boxcars with the distinctive Deco ends. They are a B&O ( with
the capital herald), C&O original paint and C&O "For Progress" lettering. Each
come in 6 numbers
[snip]

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet
,Elgin, Ill. 60120
847=697-5353
I have the Yoder version of this car in O scale for sale. The box label:
"1937 AA Standard 40' Steel Sheathed Box Car Deco End". "For Progress"
scheme, road number 5452. Car is a brass import, wheel treads were
polished in a lathe, lightly weathered. $325 + S&H, CA residents add sales tax.

--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman