From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of G.J. Irwin <groups@...>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 5:27 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] FSA/OWI photos - Omaha 1938, 1941

Unloading 'coal' (looks like cinders or gravel to me) - MP USRA gondola
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/fsa.8a03846/

I dare say (and it IS "dare" in this group!) that the 1960's tooled Bachmann/Parkway issue N Scale model of this car doesn't look that bad against the prototype.  This  general MP paint scheme was offered.  (It certainly helps that the view is from rather far away...)

George Irwin

G.J. Irwin

Unloading 'coal' (looks like cinders or gravel to me) - MP USRA gondola
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/fsa.8a03846/

I dare say (and it IS "dare" in this group!) that the 1960's tooled Bachmann/Parkway issue N Scale model of this car doesn't look that bad against the prototype.  This  general MP paint scheme was offered.  (It certainly helps that the view is from rather far away...)

George Irwin

Richard Townsend

My January 1938 ORER shows the KCS had two TW vinegar cars, numbers 23531 and 23674. Perhaps this is one of those cars.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR