Topics

Weathering powder binder

Richard Townsend

Can anyone tell me what the binder is in weathering powders? What is the substance that makes the powders stick when rubbed? Onto a steam era freight car.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Douglas Harding

My understanding is that Bragdon’s has an adhesive mixed in which is activated by pressure. Rubbing the powder generates the required pressure.

To my knowledge no other weathering powders have any kind of binder or adhesive.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Can anyone tell me what the binder is in weathering powders? What is the substance that makes the powders stick when rubbed? Onto a steam era freight car.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, OR

Richard Townsend

Do you have any idea what Bragdon's adhesive might be?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Can anyone tell me what the binder is in weathering powders? What is the substance that makes the powders stick when rubbed? Onto a steam era freight car.
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Aley, Jeff A

Rumor is that it’s makeup – same stuff that is used in cosmetics.  What that stuff is, is an off-topic exercise for the reader 😊

Regards,

-Jeff