Topics

Brass dealer

David North

Someone recently had a link in their post to a brass model train dealer.

I can’t find the post now or remember the dealer’s name(senior moments abound.)

Does anyone remember posting or seeing said post, please?

Cheers

Dave

Scott Kremer

If you are looking for a comprehensive brass dealer try brasstrains.com.  I have done a lot of business with them and they are outstanding.  I have purchased from them and sold to them.

Have fun,

Scott Kremer

On Apr 27, 2020, at 1:29 PM, David North <david.north@...> wrote:

Someone recently had a link in their post to a brass model train dealer.
I can’t find the post now or remember the dealer’s name(senior moments abound.)
Does anyone remember posting or seeing said post, please?
Cheers
Dave

Jerry Michels

I'll endorse brasstrains.com too.  Wonderful folks and the website is very nice, even to the point that you can enter your personal brass collection as a list.  Jerry Michels

vapeurchapelon

Hello Dave,

as others already mentioned, brasstrains.com is very nice in every way (although SOME of their pricing is VERY odd - it helps when you already have some knowledge about brass), but I am sure you are thinking of the recent discussion about the Chrysler trucks from American Scale Models:

https://americanscalemodels.com/

I purchased a lot from them in history, they are very nice, too.

Greetings

Johannes

Gesendet: Montag, 27. April 2020 um 19:29 Uhr
Von: "David North" <david.north@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: [RealSTMFC] Brass dealer

Someone recently had a link in their post to a brass model train dealer.

I can’t find the post now or remember the dealer’s name(senior moments abound.)

Does anyone remember posting or seeing said post, please?

Cheers

Dave

David North

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions as to the brass dealer link I was chasing.

The link I opened was to a dealer who handled used (and new?) brass, but also had second hand undec Intermountain kits for sale.

I feel like the name of the business was the proprietor’s name – maybe Vern someone, but sadly I simply can’t remember.

It was the Intermountain kits I was interested in.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Parker

Sounds like Howie's Brass Trains.  I don't see any IM stuff on his website right now, but a few years back he was a source of Sunshine kits for me.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Steve and Barb Hile

Is there any chance that it was Classic Trains and Ferrari’s.  He has come to Collinsville the last couple of years with a pile of old stock kits, resin, etc.  A very interesting collection.

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-Trains-Ferraris-714160895331514/

Steve Hile

Sounds like Howie's Brass Trains.  I don't see any IM stuff on his website right now, but a few years back he was a source of Sunshine kits for me.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Bruce Smith

David,

The list has a very good search engine. Puzzled as to why you hadn't just used that, yesterday, I searched based on your comments and got nothing. Today, I added searches for "Vern", "Intermountain AND brass" and few other permutations, and got... nothing. I think that you might be thinking of a conversation that occurred on another list, because, at least based on the things you remember, it did not happen here.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions as to the brass dealer link I was chasing.

The link I opened was to a dealer who handled used (and new?) brass, but also had second hand undec Intermountain kits for sale.

I feel like the name of the business was the proprietor’s name – maybe Vern someone, but sadly I simply can’t remember.

It was the Intermountain kits I was interested in.

Cheers

Dave

I have spent many hours looking thru his wares at the store.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 10:14 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Is there any chance that it was Classic Trains and Ferrari’s.  He has come to Collinsville the last couple of years with a pile of old stock kits, resin, etc.  A very interesting collection.

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-Trains-Ferraris-714160895331514/

Steve Hile

Sounds like Howie's Brass Trains.  I don't see any IM stuff on his website right now, but a few years back he was a source of Sunshine kits for me.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Matt Herson

Dave,

Try this link may be the one you want:

www.alleghenyscale.com

Matt Herson

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions as to the brass dealer link I was chasing.

The link I opened was to a dealer who handled used (and new?) brass, but also had second hand undec Intermountain kits for sale.

I feel like the name of the business was the proprietor’s name – maybe Vern someone, but sadly I simply can’t remember.

It was the Intermountain kits I was interested in.

Cheers

Dave

David North

Try this link may be the one you want:

www.alleghenyscale.com

Matt Herson

Matt,

Thanks very much.

That is the very one I was looking for.

No idea how I got “Vern” – talk about a red herring!

Anyway, I have placed an order with Jack at Alleghenyscale Models for the items I was chasing.

Can’t thank you enough.

And to everyone else who replied, thanks so much for your help too.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave