Nice photo.

Mask Island Decals Inc.
Hubert Mask

On Apr 29, 2020, at 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton <hudsonl@...> wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer
<1-0130-002-7 NPMX 504.jpg>

Tim O'Connor

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:
 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

hubert mask

Would anyone be interested in a decal for this car and is there a car to fit?

Hubert Mask
Mask Island Decals Inc.

On Apr 29, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts
<npmx_504 40ft_reefer PCF-1958 builder 10-1958.jpg>

leakinmywaders

I would be interested in decals.  However, only one or two sets, as I think the car other than the ends is a mostly scratch-building proposition.  I believe these, along with one contemporary 50ft NPMX series,  had flat a panel overhanging eave roof, but haven't located an overhead shot to confirm.  There were only 25 of these 40 footers.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

Tim O'Connor

No 40 foot mechanical reefers in HO scale in plastic, resin or brass.

On 4/29/2020 4:59 PM, hubert mask wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a decal for this car and is there a car to fit?

Hubert Mask
Mask Island Decals Inc.

On Apr 29, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:
 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

I think your best bet would be 50 foot NPMX decals Hubert - people can use the
Athearn (PFE) reefer, or the old Pacific HO (later Silver Streak) FGE reefer, or
scratchbuild. Early mechanical reefers are a very tough sell because they were
built in small orders and are almost all different from each other.

Tim O'

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

hubert mask

Thanks Tim. Your x NH refer in PC is coming.

Hubert

On Apr 29, 2020, at 5:34 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Looking forward to the exNH insulated box (not a reefer).

I have some more NPM photos if you need any.

Stay safe! :-)

Tim

On 4/29/2020 6:00 PM, hubert mask wrote:
[...]

Thanks and thanks. Pick a NP and shoot it at me.

Hubert

On Apr 29, 2020, at 6:26 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Better color photo.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:43 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

hubert mask

Sorry I apologize it fell through the cracks.   I will review .

Hubert

On Apr 29, 2020, at 6:35 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

Better color photo.

Thanks!
--
<image001.png>
Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:43 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

<NPM 504.jpg>
<image001.png>

Tim O'Connor

Brian

My notes say that photo is from Minneapolis in 1969 - which is why I didn't post it. ;-)

On 4/29/2020 6:35 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

Better color photo.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:43 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

But it was built during our time frame…

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:43 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

in color

On 4/29/2020 3:14 PM, Hudson Leighton wrote:

 NPMX 504 Mech Reefer

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

mopacfirst

Not only that, but this is one of those cars that had brackets for the roofwalk supports like some of the Mather reefers.

Ron Merrick

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

No 40 foot mechanical reefers in HO scale in plastic, resin or brass.

And darn few in the prototype, short-lived too. Maybe the HO prevalence is connected?

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

I agree with you Tony, but I could also point out several HO scale plastic
models for which there were 500 or fewer prototype cars (some as little as
100 cars), and a much larger number of model cars that had only one owner.

It's all about sales, right? :-)

Let's just keep hoping the 3-D printing will improve to the point that we can
get some of the less common stuff. For example, I would LOVE to have a model of
an NYMX 50 foot reefer. ;-)

ART, MILW and NP also had 50 foot mechanicals. :-(

Tim O'Connor