From: WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 10, 2020 12:03 pm
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Paint Question On FW&D Boxcars

In my isolation I am completing work on  Fort Worth and Denver (CB&Q) boxcar in the 8300 series.  My question is weee the trucks and under-rated the same color as the car or were they black?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill Pardie

Nelson Moyer

The Q painted all boxcars a mineral red color on all surfaces including trucks through 1958. I don’t model beyond that date, so I won’t comment on the Chinese Red era. I like Tru Color CB&Q Freight Car Red, but if you use it be sure to prime with Tamiya Fine Light Gray.

Nelson Moyer