L&N 65 foot Gondola photo

Joseph

Hi all,
Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,
Joe Binish
New Hope MN

mark_landgraf

Joe

Can you identify cars manufacturer, when it was built, or other rrs that had the same car. Road numbers would be helpful too.  Fishbelly frame and or sides? What is the side panel count?

I have a lot photos but the first sort is by manufacturer.

Mark Landgraf

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:37 PM, Joseph
<Mstl852@...> wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,
Joe Binish
New Hope MN

Bill Welch

Bob's Photo has a Col. Chet McCoid photo of L&N #25158 in service. I had a modeling article in the L&N's Historical Society magazine 2-3 years ago that is probably still available from them. Speedwitch has Resin ends and decals for modeling w/Athearn model.

Bill Welch

Douglas Harding

Joe here is one from 1966. Not the 50s, but it appears the car dates from that era or earlier.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,

Joe Binish

New Hope MN

Joseph

Mark,
This guy is not like us- he doesn’t know that stuff....he has the 65 ft kit and wants to get close
Thx
Joe Binish

<Mstl852@...> wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,
Joe Binish
New Hope MN

Steven D Johnson

Joe,

Attached are two Greenville Steel Car Co. builder images of L&N 26000, part of L&N series 26000-26199, built in 1956.

Steve Johnson

Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,

Joe Binish

New Hope MN

Joseph

Thanks all!   The three that I have received will get him to decalling his car.  Thanks a bunch for your help

<Mstl852@...> wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone got a photo of the above in the 50s?   I have perused a bit on the net an haven’t gotten the search criteria correct yet

Thx,
Joe Binish
New Hope MN

mark_landgraf

Joe

As it turns out, L&N, and several others, seemed to like 20 panel fishbelly  gons. The early batches, one for L&N 25000-25299, and another for NC&StL 41000-41025 that were re# L&N 26200-26224, and were built by Pressed Steel Car in 1948 and 1949 respectively. They also made the same cars for Sou, CNW, WM, and SAL, also in 1948 and 1949.

The newer L&N gons appear to all have been made by Greenville Steel Car in 1956, 1958 and 1965.
Order 675  LN 26000
Order 718  LN 38900
Order 863. LN 25900

So which batch are you looking for?