From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chapman
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 4:03 PM
To: STMFC <main@realSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] WP and SP&S 1944 AAR Boxcars -- C&BT Upgrades #4 & #5

A two-fer this time. C&BT upgrade projects #4 and #5, WP and SP&S boxcars -- 1944 AAR C&BT carbodies upgraded with contemporary detail parts. Both will be a long way from home on my midwestern-theme layout.

WP car details include a Yarmouth Morton runningboard, Kadee ladders/grabs/Ajax handbrake, and Kato ASF A-3 trucks. Decals are Champ. With the Champ set's incorrect build date (51 vs. 47), I elected to keep the car fresh and unweathered (although maybe I should have weathered out that bad build date!). Plus -- I really like that classy silver lettering and hated to dirty it up.

The SP&S car has a Yarmouth Apex runningboard, Tichy 8/8 ladders, Kadee grabs and Ajax brakewheel, and Kato A-3's. Decals are Microscale. Wish I could have done the car in those big SP&S letters, but by the time they came in, steam was pretty much gone on my roads. Weathering is Greg Martin's Post-It technique with some Prismacolor pencil highlighting.

One more to go....

Regards,

Bob Chapman

O Fenton Wells

Excellent Bob, they look good a good twofer
Fenton

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:49 PM Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Nice cars, Bob!

Love the weathering!

Elden Gatwood

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

James Brewer

Bob,

Great work...love the weathering.

Jim Brewer

Clark Propst

Can you elaborate on the weathering of the SP&S car? Really nice.
CW Propst

Ken Adams

Very nice.

What were the dates for this version of the SP&S herald scheme. Is this post steam/1956?
--
Ken Adams
In splendid Shelter In Place solitude, about half way up Walnut Creek