Topics

C&O MW Photos Part 2

Bill McClure

Long time lurker, but I have never posted. I am a long-time builder of, well, anything, including resin kits from the first offerings of Al W. I have also been a scratch builder since the 1960s. A few years ago I got an itch to try resin casting a series of C&O cars based on its 82,000-82,999 40-ton Auto Box, Class XAB, built 1924-25 by Illinois Car. The Hocking Valley had an identical series, 83,000-83,999, built 1924 by Pullman.

So here are three versions of essentially the same car body, as-built, C&O gray MOW dress, and the later green dress.

Bill

O Fenton Wells

Bill, Well done, you will have great track as evidenced by the work gang cars.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Tony Thompson

Nice-looking models, Bill! Glad to see some MW modeling.

Tony Thompson

Schuyler Larrabee

Somehow “Bill McClure” is a very familiar name.  Did you write articles for some modeling magazines in the past?

Wonderful looking models, Bill.

Schuyler

Long time lurker, but I have never posted. I am a long-time builder of, well, anything, including resin kits from the first offerings of Al W. I have also been a scratch builder since the 1960s. A few years ago I got an itch to try resin casting a series of C&O cars based on its 82,000-82,999 40-ton Auto Box, Class XAB, built 1924-25 by Illinois Car. The Hocking Valley had an identical series, 83,000-83,999, built 1924 by Pullman.

So here are three versions of essentially the same car body, as-built, C&O gray MOW dress, and the later green dress.

Bill

James Brewer

Nice work Bill!

Jim Brewer

Bill McClure

Schuyler,

I worked on a few books for Morning Sun and articles for the N&W Hist. Society, but nothing for magazines.

And thank you.

Bill