Where's this one come from?

Clark Propst

Would like to know the origins of this car and if there was/is a model?
Thanks,
CW Propst

Schleigh Mike

This is a former Rock Island B-2 "Fowler Clone" from their 133000-133999 series.  No model yet but it might be kit-bashed from the Westerfield offerings.  A specific model is planned by one of our smaller resin model suppliers.

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 11:50:05 AM EDT, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

Would like to know the origins of this car and if there was/is a model?
Thanks,
CW Propst

Steve and Barb Hile

The RI 133000 – 133999 series was split between Betterdorf and ACF.  The ACF cars (500-999) had a roof fascia on the car end, as does the Fort Dodge car.

Here’s a photo in all its earlier glory.

Steve Hile

This is a former Rock Island B-2 "Fowler Clone" from their 133000-133999 series.  No model yet but it might be kit-bashed from the Westerfield offerings.  A specific model is planned by one of our smaller resin model suppliers.

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 11:50:05 AM EDT, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

Would like to know the origins of this car and if there was/is a model?
Thanks,
CW Propst

O Fenton Wells

Boy the lettering of the Capy, Ld. Lmt. and Lt. Wt. will cost this guy many NMRA contest points for sloppy decaling. Too bad as it is a nice looking car other than that.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Schuyler Larrabee

But MORE points if he submits the photo to prove how accurate the model is.

Schuyler

This is a former Rock Island B-2 "Fowler Clone" from their 133000-133999 series.  No model yet but it might be kit-bashed from the Westerfield offerings.  A specific model is planned by one of our smaller resin model suppliers.

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 11:50:05 AM EDT, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

Would like to know the origins of this car and if there was/is a model?
Thanks,
CW Propst

--

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Hudson Leighton

The Rock Island looks like the Minneapolis flour mills to me, maybe Pillsbury A Mill?

-Hudson

Jim Betz

  It looks to me like those sacks (flour probably?) are hand stacked.  Certainly
maximizes the loading of the car - at the cost of labor.  Soon after this photo
was taking mgmt started cutting labor costs as their most important way to
make more money.  And in the days when this photo was taken it was
common for restaurants to stock flour in these quantities - and even some
homes used the bags as a way to save money (as long as you could keep
the mice and roaches out).
                                                                                      - Jim

earlyrail

Boy the lettering of the Capy, Ld. Lmt. and Lt. Wt. will cost this guy many NMRA contest points for sloppy decaling. Too bad as it is a nice looking car other than that.
Fenton

No.  That is where you can gain points,just provide the photo and point it out.
Or loose points when you do not follow the photo.
Howard (sometime judge) Garner

O Fenton Wells

That was model railroad humor Howard, I used to be a judge at times as well
Fenton