My latest Covid build

O Fenton Wells

Southern covered hopper by F&C .  Light weathering as the car was 1951 and the era is about that time

Todd Sullivan

Fenton -

That's a right nice looking car!  Lots of complicated looking hardware on the roof for the hatches, and such a clean look otherwise.  The lettering says they were used for cement.  Were they used for other commodities?

Todd Sullivan

Lester Breuer

Excellent build Fenton.
Lester Breuer

Schuyler Larrabee

I agree with Todd, Fenton, that is a very nice looking car.  I have to ask, though, there have been some kvetching about the size of the rivet recently.  Is there any thought that the rivets may be a bit large?

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Todd Sullivan via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:32 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] My latest Covid build

Fenton -

That's a right nice looking car!  Lots of complicated looking hardware on the roof for the hatches, and such a clean look otherwise.  The lettering says they were used for cement.  Were they used for other commodities?

Todd Sullivan

James E Kubanick

Fenton,

I, too, am impressed with the build of this car. Very sharp looking.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 7:11:33 PM EDT, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

I agree with Todd, Fenton, that is a very nice looking car.  I have to ask, though, there have been some kvetching about the size of the rivet recently.  Is there any thought that the rivets may be a bit large?

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Todd Sullivan via groups.io

Fenton -

Todd Sullivan

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Jim, appreciate that.

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:29 PM James E Kubanick <jekuban@...> wrote:
Fenton,

I, too, am impressed with the build of this car. Very sharp looking.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 7:11:33 PM EDT, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Schuyler

Fenton -

Todd Sullivan

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

A&Y Dave in MD

I agree, the weathering is great--doesn't takeaway from the detail but makes it look a lot less like a model.

Dave

Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 6:27:55 PM, you wrote:

Southern covered hopper by F&C .  Light weathering as the car was 1951 and the era is about that time

--
David Bott

Sent from David Bott's desktop PC
--

Paul Doggett

Fenton 

That’s very nice and a large hopper for 1951.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

On 20 May 2020, at 23:28, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Southern covered hopper by F&C .  Light weathering as the car was 1951 and the era is about that time

Attachments:

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Dave

On May 20, 2020, at 9:32 PM, A&Y Dave in MD <dbott@...> wrote:

I agree, the weathering is great--doesn't takeaway from the detail but makes it look a lot less like a model.

Dave

Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 6:27:55 PM, you wrote:

Southern covered hopper by F&C .  Light weathering as the car was 1951 and the era is about that time

--
David Bott

Sent from David Bott's desktop PC
--