From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Nelson
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:00 PM
To: STMFC
Subject: [RealSTMFC] What kind of truck is this?

Not a typical arch bar truck.

On a B&O N-8 hopper, photo from the Columbus OH. Library.

Dave Nelson

Eric Hansmann

That is a PSC arch bar truck. Bethlehem Car Works offers them. They are item #135 on this webpage. Scroll down a bit to find it.
https://bethlehemcarworks.com/trucks/

I installed a pair under a Westerfield Models B&O M-15-D boxcar a few months ago, as can be seen on the attached image.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

On a B&O N-8 hopper, photo from the Columbus OH. Library.

Dave Nelson

Rich Yoder

Given the era and the style its pressed steel but I don’t know who built it.

On a B&O N-8 hopper, photo from the Columbus OH. Library.

Dave Nelson

Jack Burgess

They were manufactured by the Pressed Steel Car Company. They date from around 1900.

Jack Burgess