Need WLE/NKP 24200-24501 series help

Jim King

Several years ago, I produced an HO Tennessee Central boxcar as-delivered in 1941 with flat, riveted roof and with what most modelers know as PS-0 ends (correct nomenclature is “proprietary Pullman Corrugated Ends”).  W&LE also had a small fleet of these cars with the same body style but with different doors and appliances.  The W&LE cars were gradually repainted into NKP following leasing of W&LE but kept the same numbers.

I am considering upscaling the CAD files and offering in S, maybe O, but need photos of the NKP cars before deciding to move forward.  Can someone point me to a source for photos of NKP cars in the 24200-24501 series?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/

Ray Breyer

Hi Jim,

Photos (including 11 P-S builder's images) heading your way off list.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 02:14:34 PM CDT, Jim King <jimking3@...> wrote:

Several years ago, I produced an HO Tennessee Central boxcar as-delivered in 1941 with flat, riveted roof and with what most modelers know as PS-0 ends (correct nomenclature is “proprietary Pullman Corrugated Ends”).  W&LE also had a small fleet of these cars with the same body style but with different doors and appliances.  The W&LE cars were gradually repainted into NKP following leasing of W&LE but kept the same numbers.

I am considering upscaling the CAD files and offering in S, maybe O, but need photos of the NKP cars before deciding to move forward.  Can someone point me to a source for photos of NKP cars in the 24200-24501 series?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/

mark_landgraf

The NKPHTS has a large photo collection that has been fully scanned. I would reach out to John Slater.
Nkphts433l@...

Mark Landgraf
Albany NY