Need Scalecoat paint

Schuyler Larrabee

Sorry for this not perfectly on topic post, but . . .

I need one bottle of Scalecoat 1 Silver paint.

I started out a couple of months ago needing several colors, and found most of them, but the silver is the color I need before the others can be used.  Does anyone have leads on shops that:

  1. Might carry Scalecoat 1 and
  2. have enough stock that they’d be likely to have the silver.

I have checked most of the usual suspects, Des Plaines, Caboose in Lakewood CO (closed) and a few others.  Minuteman Scale Models, the manufacturer, hasn’t answered the phone, probably due to “stay at home” orders, for as long as I’ve been looking.  If they did “pick up at our door,” I could drive up there to get it, but . . .

Perhaps best to use the “Reply to sender” link below.

Thanks

Schuyler

Dave Pfeiffer

Schuyler,

Have you checked the supplier directly?  WWW.MINUTEMANSCALEMODELS.COM.  They are the makers of Scalecoat.

Dave Pfeiffer

Sorry for this not perfectly on topic post, but . . .

I need one bottle of Scalecoat 1 Silver paint.

I started out a couple of months ago needing several colors, and found most of them, but the silver is the color I need before the others can be used.  Does anyone have leads on shops that:

1)     Might carry Scalecoat 1 and

2)     have enough stock that they’d be likely to have the silver.

I have checked most of the usual suspects, Des Plaines, Caboose in Lakewood CO (closed) and a few others.  Minuteman Scale Models, the manufacturer, hasn’t answered the phone, probably due to “stay at home” orders, for as long as I’ve been looking.  If they did “pick up at our door,” I could drive up there to get it, but . . .

Perhaps best to use the “Reply to sender” link below.

Thanks

Schuyler

Pierre Oliver

Use the email address on the website
Shaun is usually pretty good at returning emails

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On May 22, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Sorry for this not perfectly on topic post, but . . .

I need one bottle of Scalecoat 1 Silver paint.

I started out a couple of months ago needing several colors, and found most of them, but the silver is the color I need before the others can be used.  Does anyone have leads on shops that:

  1. Might carry Scalecoat 1 and
  2. have enough stock that they’d be likely to have the silver.

I have checked most of the usual suspects, Des Plaines, Caboose in Lakewood CO (closed) and a few others.  Minuteman Scale Models, the manufacturer, hasn’t answered the phone, probably due to “stay at home” orders, for as long as I’ve been looking.  If they did “pick up at our door,” I could drive up there to get it, but . . .

Perhaps best to use the “Reply to sender” link below.

Thanks

Schuyler

Joseph

Scale model supplies in St. Paul mn
651-646-7781
Joe Binish

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 3:19 PM Dave Pfeiffer <dave.pfeiffer@...> wrote:

[...]

fire5506

Try Minuteman again,

 This is on their website.
"
Covid-19
Covid-19 Update

Company Status - COVID-19 Update (5/19/2020)

MinuteMan Scale Models has resumed operations after our limited operations due to Covid-19

Orders are bening handled on a first come, first served basis. Please expect delays from shipping carriers, especially for shipments to Canada.

Also please anticipate delayed response times for emails and phones. We are working to go through and respond to all emails and voicemails, but this will take some time.

MinuteMan Scale Models is a small family run business, we only have one full time employee (myself) and 3 part time employees, my parents and my daughter.
As you may expect after being closed for 2 months our production of paint will be affected, we will get back to normal production in the coming weeks.

You can still place orders online, but please expect delays on shipping.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your families, our first responders and all those essential employees on the frontlines."

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Schuyler Larrabee

My first email to him was four weeks ago . . .

No Response.

[...]

O Fenton Wells

Don’t forget eBay they have SC and SCII
Fenton