From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:56 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] ACC problems

I've never understood what the refrigeration is supposed to do.

CA loves water vapor - any H2O molecules will start 'spoiling' it. (CA was originally invented for
fast closure of soldiers' wounds in combat.) So storing it in a Tupperware with DESSICANT may help!

I recently transferred a fresh Zap bottle to a Tamiya bottle. Tamiya plastic caps are utterly airtight in my
experience. (I store all kinds of stuff in them from contact cement to canopy glue to MEK and Acetone.)
I don't know how well the Zap will keep in the Tamiya bottle, but I will find out.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tamiya-paint-mixing-jar-23ml-bottle-tam81041/p125149

Tim O'Connor

On 5/27/2020 6:06 PM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

Don;

My experience with ACC is that it does go bad.  I never had luck with the big bottles, even refrigerated.  They went bad.

I buy packs of the little tubes from big box stores, because they cycle thru quickly, and are fresh.  If one goes bad, I open a new one.

Zero frustration.

Elden Gatwood