Rock Island flats

cmrp48

Looking for photos of  the Rock Island 90800 series flats.  Cars had single-spliced side sills, unsure if the center sills were spliced.  Cars were built as War Emergency cars in 42-43.  Have a partial shot of the end sill but a full shot would be better.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys might be able to provide.
Robert Leners

Jim Hayes

Sunshine kit #45.9 is probably what your looking for.
Here's a Sunshine flyer for it.

     JimH

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:16 PM cmrp48 via groups.io <rhleners=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for photos of  the Rock Island 90800 series flats.  Cars had single-spliced side sills, unsure if the center sills were spliced.  Cars were built as War Emergency cars in 42-43.  Have a partial shot of the end sill but a full shot would be better.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys might be able to provide.
Robert Leners

Ross Dando just released an O Scale resin kit of this car as well.

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)

On May 29, 2020, at 8:29 PM, Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

Sunshine kit #45.9 is probably what your looking for.
Here's a Sunshine flyer for it.

     JimH

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:16 PM cmrp48 via groups.io <rhleners=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for photos of  the Rock Island 90800 series flats.  Cars had single-spliced side sills, unsure if the center sills were spliced.  Cars were built as War Emergency cars in 42-43.  Have a partial shot of the end sill but a full shot would be better.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys might be able to provide.
Robert Leners

<sun45b.pdf>

Jim Hayes

Tagging on to Brian's email.
If anyone has the PDS and/or instructions for the Sunshine #49 flatcars, would you share with me? There's a hole in my collection there.

Thanks,
    JimH

mel perry

hi: