IM Parts Sprues [was New IM Cars Arrive]

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

Several times in the past I ordered parts sprues from IM. IIRC, you had to order a dozen or more at a time, but that actually worked out pretty well if you were ordering say PS-1 or AAR boxcar ladders.

With all their production now done in China, I presume that those sprues are no longer available at all.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Bill Welch

In one of their monthly email announcements IM said they would no longer be selling parts.

Bill Welch

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Bill,

I was aware IM had recently stopped selling their bagged parts. What I was talking about were unpackaged sprues. These had to be ordered by telephone (or maybe email), and AFAIK were never offered from a catalog or web site. You simply told one of the nice ladies on their order desk that you wanted a dozen ladder, car end, roof or running board sprues from Kit X, and they took care of it for you. It's probably been 10 or more years since I ordered, and I still have pretty good stock of what I need, except I'm running low on PS-1 ends and had a couple more conversions of old Front Range cars I wanted to do. (That's how I did my CNW and IC riveted PS-1s.). Those are the breaks I guess.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 9:03 AM Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:
In one of their monthly email announcements IM said they would no longer be selling parts.

Bill Welch

Fred Jansz

All,

I've ordered direct from IM previously and also last year, by email.
Gave them part type and amount and a couple of weeks later envelope with goodies arrived.
Small parts fee, free shipping.
Excellent service.
Fred Jansz

Brian Carlson

Guys as was posted earlier this month. No more parts. It’s plain as day on the IM site.

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/customerservice/csparts.html

Note several undec cars are in stock per the website.

Brian J. Carlson

On May 30, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Fred Jansz <fred@...> wrote:

All,

I've ordered direct from IM previously and also last year, by email.
Gave them part type and amount and a couple of weeks later envelope with goodies arrived.
Small parts fee, free shipping.
Excellent service.
Fred Jansz

Ken Adams

Making you feel a little bit (T)ichy...
--
Ken Adams
In splendid Shelter In Place solitude, about half way up Walnut Creek