National Car Co. NX 6898

Richard Wilkens

Was busy doing some scanning and came across this slide of National Car Company NX 6898 taken in October 1956. I find the leasing info interesting as Fruit Growers Express owner lessor, National Car Co. Lessee Sub-Lessor, and Armour and Co. Sub-Lessee.

Richard Wilkens

Ray Hutchison

wonderful photo/find, Richard.

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 5:39 PM Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...> wrote:
Was busy doing some scanning and came across this slide of National Car Company NX 6898 taken in October 1956. I find the leasing info interesting as Fruit Growers Express owner lessor, National Car Co. Lessee Sub-Lessor, and Armour and Co. Sub-Lessee.

Richard Wilkens

Attachments:

Bob Chaparro

This car has meat rails.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

I have that as a duplicate slide from the "Gerstley collection" but your image is much sharper!

On 5/31/2020 6:47 PM, Ray Hutchison wrote:
wonderful photo/find, Richard.

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 5:39 PM Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...> wrote:
Was busy doing some scanning and came across this slide of National Car Company NX 6898 taken in October 1956. I find the leasing info interesting as Fruit Growers Express owner lessor, National Car Co. Lessee Sub-Lessor, and Armour and Co. Sub-Lessee.

Richard Wilkens

Attachments:

_.

Sterling, Massachusetts

Bob Chaparro

It looks to me as if the letter "i" in "Meat Rail" was left off the stenciling over the door. But maybe it's just the angle of the photo.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA