General American Builders Photos

Seth Lakin

Group sorry for the cross group post but there is revenant content between the two groups.  I posted a number of General American builders photos from the 1940’s and 1950’s that were given to me from a retired GATC photographer some 20 years ago to my RR Pictures Archives account, many in this group may be interested in the photos.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiveThumbs.aspx?id=136296

One of the photos shows a tank car production line. While the cars are not identified, the lot number is on the tank car end. Anyone have an idea what GATC lot BO5234 May have been, specifically car 22 in that lot? The photo is dated 8/31/1951.

Thanks
Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Scott

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if any railroad bought the reefer?  That is an interesting design.

Scott McDonald