Topics

cut off disc "The good ones"

Rob & Bev Manley

Don,
Happily they gave me the Covid-86 shuffle. I am a model builder/house hog now.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Saturday, June 13, 2020, 04:15:35 PM CDT, Joseph Melhorn <toyman@...> wrote:

I still have a few “The Good Ones” left and also have not been able to find a source. However, Dremel has 1 ½” diameter by .020 wide reinforced cut off discs in their EZ Lock product line. Here’s the P/N: EZ409. You’ll have to buy the EZ Lock mandrel though. They’re .005” thinner than your “The Good Ones”, that you posted a pic of.

Regards,

Joe Melhorn

Sahuarita, AZ

Joseph Melhorn

I still have a few “The Good Ones” left and also have not been able to find a source. However, Dremel has 1 ½” diameter by .020 wide reinforced cut off discs in their EZ Lock product line. Here’s the P/N: EZ409. You’ll have to buy the EZ Lock mandrel though. They’re .005” thinner than your “The Good Ones”, that you posted a pic of.

Regards,

Joe Melhorn

Sahuarita, AZ

John Moore

-- If modelers have not used the "Good Ones" then they don't really know what a good cut off disc is like.

Here is the package and one of the discs from the last Good Ones  I purchased years ago from my local hobby shop which is gone.

I would be interested in finding them again to purchase.  I have tried many of the suggestions but they just are too thick and don't do the job the Good Ones do.

okladivjohn@...

Donald B. Valentine

O'Reilly Auto Parts bought out Bond Auto in northern New England last fall and most prices went up 20 to 30% within a few weeks. The result is there is rarely a car in front of one in any town that has a competing supplier now. Try a NAPA store and you'll save if they have them.

My best, Don Valentine

Rob & Bev Manley

Andy,
I use the fibre reinforced wheels. They are less prone to shattering. Menards might have them, O'Reilly Auto part has them and I used to buy them from my LHS.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 04:04:58 PM CDT, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

I usually wear a "good one" out which is when I need a replacement. Dremel brand wheels, however, almost never get retired due to being worn down as they shatter long before wearing out! The Dremels come in a large canister which usually means large, economical size, but with these it simply is a short time supply.

I am not desperate, as I have become reunited with the Dremel brands and I am trying to be specially careful. OPPS! Busted another one.

Thanks for your kind offer.
-Andy Carlson'
Ojai CA

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 1:46:43 PM PDT, Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

Andy, I can send you a few if you're desperate.

    Jim

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 1:30 PM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
I had a large number of Dremel type of cut off discs which survived much better than the Dremel house brand. I am now all used up and no hobby store I have been to has had the replacements.

Is this company still in business and are these discs available?

Thanks for any help.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Andy Carlson