From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Carlson via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:17 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] D&LW 55161 riveted 12-panel box car

I’ve done it there, Pittsburgh and online.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 30, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Brian,

     What clinic? Cocoa Beach? I've never been.

        Bud Rindfleisch

Schuyler Larrabee

October ’67 ORER says so, yes

Schuyler

     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.

       Bud Rindfleisch

Brian Carlson

I’ve done it there, Pittsburgh and online.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 30, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Brian,
     What clinic? Cocoa Beach? I've never been.
        Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Brian,
     What clinic? Cocoa Beach? I've never been.
        Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Andy,
    After I sent my message I remembered I have the Morning Sun Erie/DL&W color book with quite a few views of boxcars, I could have looked it up in there, duh!
    Bud Rindfleisch

Brian Carlson

Yes.  You need to sit in on my clinic. :)

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 30, 2020, at 3:01 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Andy Carlson

No, actually this is a 10'0" IH car. which is why Steve Hoxie's model has to cover the door opening discrepancies with the door partially ajar. The Intermountain 12-panel is a 6' wide door design.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:01:38 PM PDT, Bud Rindfleisch <blackdiamondrr@...> wrote:

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Bud Rindfleisch

Andy,
     Is this DL&W box a 10' 6" IH car? Sure looks it.
       Bud Rindfleisch

Andy Carlson

From the Gerstley collection of mostly 1958 photos. A 8' wide door 12-panel riveted box car. Taken in LA's Taylor Yard of the SP. These 12-panel 40' box cars came with Superior or Youngstown doors.

-Andy Carlson