From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of mopacfirst
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:17 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photos: CCIX Tank Car 342

These are interesting photos.  This car has 70-ton trucks, with an 8000 gallon capacity tank, so this must be a heavy acid like sulfuric.

My brief search for this company has hit a dead end, because all I turn up for Consolidated Chemical Industries is a newer chemical marketing company in Houston.  The photo caption mentions Ft. Worth and the CB&Q, which probably means FW&D in the context.  My best guess is that this is a company that was absorbed long ago into a larger chemical manufacturer.  But this would be a useful car to model.

Ron Merrick

Tony Thompson

Yes, I think so. Frank would know.
Tony Thompson

On Jul 1, 2020, at 1:47 PM, al_brown03 <abrown@...> wrote:

Are those the acid tanks Resin Car Works made?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Eric Hansmann

Not quite. Here are the acid tank cars from the first RCW release. Scroll down for the CCIX tanks.

http://resincarworks.com/kits/1-01_acid_tank_car_kits.htm

From the CCIX tank car section:

These prototypes were built in 1937 and 1938. Decals included data for the following car numbers.
   CCIX 172, 174 (Built 12-37), 162 - 163 (8-38), 450 - 453 (9-37), 410 - 411 (2-40)

Eric Hansmann

RCW web guy

Are those the acid tanks Resin Car Works made?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

al_brown03

Are those the acid tanks Resin Car Works made?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

mopacfirst

These are interesting photos.  This car has 70-ton trucks, with an 8000 gallon capacity tank, so this must be a heavy acid like sulfuric.

My brief search for this company has hit a dead end, because all I turn up for Consolidated Chemical Industries is a newer chemical marketing company in Houston.  The photo caption mentions Ft. Worth and the CB&Q, which probably means FW&D in the context.  My best guess is that this is a company that was absorbed long ago into a larger chemical manufacturer.  But this would be a useful car to model.

Ron Merrick

Bob Chaparro