Topics

N&W B-5 Boxcars 48000-48999 and 49500-49999

william darnaby

Does anybody on the list know the breakdown of handbrake type on these cars?  The photos available to me show some Ajax but I see others that I cannot make out.

Thanks,
Bill Darnaby

Jeff Coleman

Bill

The B-5 were equipped with Ajax, Equipco & Universal Hand Brakes but I don't have car numbers.

Jeff Coleman

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 2:06 PM william darnaby <wdarnaby@...> wrote:
Does anybody on the list know the breakdown of handbrake type on these cars?  The photos available to me show some Ajax but I see others that I cannot make out.

Thanks,
Bill Darnaby

william darnaby

Thank you, Jeff.  That is more information than I had before and it narrows it down.  The instructions have only one photo of a 49500 series car and the handbrake is in profile.  Clearly not Ajax but I am thinking Equipco.

Bill Darnaby