Topics

UTLX 96720

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Tim, UTLX 96720 is from series 87658-99999, 11,251 gallons, type TPI. I'm not really familiar with the Kadee model's pedigree, as these are a bit outside my interest.

Hope this of use.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:46 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

So is this UTLX tank car an ACF product? Does it match the Kadee model?

And check the roof on the lumber box car - Evidently a Milwaukee rib side car. :-)

Sterling, Massachusetts

Todd Sullivan

Hi Tim,

Yes, it is an ACF car and is represented by the Kadee model.  All the Kadee ICC 105A-300W tank cars are listed as Discontinued, and there are no large images of the models on their website, so it's a bit hard to tell exactly.  The other model that is of an ACF ICC 105 is by Atlas.  Not as well detailed nor as pricey, but still a good model.  I noticed that both models have ACF builder's marks stenciled on the center sill.

Todd Sullivan

Tim O'Connor