Topics

Chicago-Cleveland Viking outside metal roof

Paul Doggett

Hi

I am building a Sunshine SP B50-14 with a Hutchins roof I already have two with Hutchins roofs and have two more to build again with Hutchins roofs what I would like to do is to build one of them with a Chicago-Cleveland Viking outside metal roof could I do this using the Hutchins roof as a starting point? Photos would also help.

Many thanks
Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Rich C

That roof is interesting to me. It is a very early Viking. Please send me some roof shots before you attach the running board. I want to modify one of my spare flat roofs for a Maine Central X29.

Thanks in advance, my friend

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 11:00:52 AM CDT, Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

Hi

I am building a Sunshine SP B50-14 with a Hutchins roof I already have two with Hutchins roofs and have two more to build again with Hutchins roofs what I would like to do is to build one of them with a Chicago-Cleveland Viking outside metal roof could I do this using the Hutchins roof as a starting point? Photos would also help.

Many thanks
Paul Doggett.    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

James Brewer

I'm not certain this is the "same" type of Viking roof used by the SP, but this one was used on a few classes of N&W boxcars:

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=3680

Jim Brewer

Paul Doggett

Jim

Thank you but I think from the only photo I have the SP roof does not seem to have the two ridges .

Paul Doggett